Thursday, September 11, 2008

The best of times, the worst of times....

Well, let me start by saying that I am broker than ever!!! With that said, I am mad stressed out trying to pay these bills. I am fed up with my job, tired of being a 9 to 5 slave & having my creativity stifled by being in a meaningless position. Shit sucks, I feel like Clark Kent & then I turn into hip-hop Superman when I finally get away from work. But, on a positive note, I have started writing again! I feel like I am in a good place right now musically. I am gonna give myself more time to work on the next album. No rushing involved this time around. I am planning to spend the next 5 or 6 months linking with producers, writing, recording, etc. Then, I will start worrying about final mixes, mastering, cover art, a release party, promotions, marketing, duplication, distribution, and everything that comes with putting out a record. I put all kinds of pressure on myself to get out my current album faster than I would have wanted to. When Locksmiff kinda fizzled out, I had to get on my solo grind with the quickness & get something out. However, I am still very happy with what I put out. I am STILL trying to find a bigger situation for it. It needs to happen, I am sick of pushing it by myself. I did join Sonicbids.com which is helping me to find out of town gigs, licensing opportunites, press type shit, & even some labels to get at. Last but not least, I have two new joints written. "Scream (Let It Out)" & "Do Somethin'". No tellin if these will end up making the next album, but we'll see...Scream is full of my frustrations & basically my need for the occasional release. Do Somethin is a shout out to all those random haters who love grillin me when I'm out & about. Shout out to Goddy on the beats. So, while I am stressed, I am also excited. The best & worst of my emotions. Either way I'm gonna keep on pushing. I'm out, Leezy

No comments: