Friday, August 1, 2008

Hopping On The Bandwagon

I used to think blogging was kinda corny, but fuck it. I'm here, I need all the attention I can get. My new album "Let There Be Light" has been out for almost 2 months now. It is doing pretty well, but not near what I need it to be doing. It just got onto ITunes around the world & onto Rhapsody, eMusic, & Napster just within the last couple weeks. That should help with the sales figures for all the people that have gone strictly digital. I really need some more radio play, but getting a company & or promo person to push the single to the stations is crazy expensive! But oh well, gotta keep pushing. I got two shows booked this month. The first in August 6th @ Voyage in downtown Orlando. It is a new night called "Jukebox" where the bartenders pick the music. It should be dope, more of a variety then just hip-hop. Then, I got a show @ a new night Madd Illz is promoting called "Saturday Night Cipher" @ ReDefine. It is a art gallery/clothing store that has been showing a lot of support to the local scene. Some exciting shit has been happening outside of the country for me as well. My homie Don Legend (1/2 of the group Urban Legacy I was in) just had his album come out all over the Middle East & Europe. I am on it 5 times, and it has already sold well over 20,000 copies. He is pretty much a pioneer where he is from, so is it exciting to see people so far away get into hip-hop. I am really happy for Legend, he deserves it for working hard all these years to make it happen. Hopefully my turn is next! Its Friday, I am procrastinating & not feeling like getting ready to go to my day job. Gotta pay the rent today, money is tighter than ever. But, I'm still breathing & thats all that counts! Thats it for now, I guess somebody will probably be bored enough to read this. Stay tuned! PEACE

No comments: